Orlando International Airport (MCO) is a bustling hub that serves as the gateway to the magical world of Orlando, Florida. For travelers choosing Southwest Airlines for their journey to the Sunshine State, it’s essential to understand the ins and outs of MCO Terminal to ensure a seamless and stress-free travel experience. In this blog, we’ll explore Southwest Airlines MCO Terminal highlight key information about the terminal, and provide tips for making the most of your time at MCO.
Southwest Airlines at MCO
Southwest Airlines, known for its affordable fares, friendly service, and “bags fly free” policy, is one of the primary carriers at Orlando International Airport. Passengers flying with Southwest Airlines can expect a variety of domestic and international flight options. The airline is committed to providing a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience, making it a popular choice for tourists and business travelers alike.
MCO Terminal Overview
Orlando International Airport consists of two main terminals: Terminal A and Terminal B. Both terminals are connected by an automated people mover (APM), making it easy to move between them.
Terminal A: Southwest Airlines primarily operates out of Terminal A at MCO. This terminal offers a range of services and amenities to enhance your travel experience. Here are some highlights:
- Check-In: Southwest Airlines provides self-service kiosks for check-in, allowing you to skip the lines and quickly obtain your boarding pass.
- Security Screening: Security checkpoints at Terminal A are efficient and well-staffed, but it’s always a good idea to arrive early to allow for any unexpected delays.
- Shopping and Dining: You’ll find a variety of shops and restaurants, offering everything from snacks to souvenirs. Be sure to try some local cuisine or grab a coffee before your flight.
- Lounges: While Southwest Airlines does not have its own exclusive lounge at MCO, you can access several airport lounges by purchasing a day pass or through specific credit card memberships.
- Gates: Southwest’s gates are conveniently located within Terminal A, making it easy to find your departure gate.
Terminal B: Although Southwest Airlines primarily operates out of Terminal A, it’s worth noting that Terminal B is just a short APM ride away. If you have connecting flights with other airlines or if you’re departing from Terminal B for any reason, you can easily access it from Terminal A.
Top Tips for Traveling through MCO Terminal
- Arrive Early: Give yourself plenty of time to check-in, clear security, and navigate the terminal, especially during peak travel seasons or busy times of day.
- Pack Light: Southwest Airlines’ generous baggage policy allows for two free checked bags per passenger. However, if you can travel with just a carry-on, it can speed up your airport experience.
- Stay Informed: Check the flight information screens for updates on gate changes or delays. Additionally, consider signing up for notifications through the airline’s app or website.
- Dining Options: Explore the diverse dining options at MCO Terminal. Whether you’re craving a quick snack or a full meal, you’ll find something to satisfy your appetite.
- Enjoy the APM: If you have time between connecting flights or just want to explore both terminals, take a ride on the automated people mover. It offers excellent views of the airfield and is an efficient way to get around.
Navigating Orlando International Airport’s Terminal A when flying with Southwest Airlines is a breeze when armed with the right information and tips. Southwest Airlines’ commitment to customer service combined with the amenities and convenience of MCO Terminal make for a pleasant travel experience. So, whether you’re headed to the enchanting world of Disney or conducting business in Orlando, you can count on Southwest Terminal at MCO to get you there comfortably and hassle-free. Safe travels!